Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Presentation reflection

I felt that more preparation could have been done for my presentation. Probably due to complacency, I felt that I was familiar with my essay beforehand. I tried to keep my essay as short and sweet as possible as I find it really hard to really understand any presentation without more detailed mediums such as essay in this case. In my perception of an audience, I feel that the best is to get the main point across. However, I appeared to be unsure during the presentation due to nervousness. I would definitely incorporate more rehearsals with similar settings in my future presentations be it in school or out in work.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Louis!!
    Good job on your presentation!! most of the stuffs are already discussed in the class.. but to add on, I think maybe you should try to reduce the frequency of pointing to the screen..

    Loo Yong

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Louis, for the forthright self assessment. Yes, probably a bit more rehearsal would have helped you. I was disappointed mainly because I was sure you could do a good job of sharing the topic you had chosen for the essay, one very different from those of other students. In any case, I suspect this was a good lesson for you. (Of the "what doesn't kill us makes us stronger" variety.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the comments!, I had another presentation later that week and it was much better when I had sufficient preparation and rehearsal, keeping in mind some of the pointers mentioned in class!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Louis,

    Your presentation was very entertaining and i think that you should reduce the use of filters.

    Kai Teng

    ReplyDelete